Friday 3 September 2021

Egg Experiment

For lockdown one of our tasks was to form a bouncing egg.

First we had to put an egg in a cup of vinegar and cover it under the vinegar.

After that we had to leave it overnight and in the morning take it out and wash it.

I found trying to figure out how long to leave it in the cup tricky.

It was very squishy and slimy when we touched it.

It splattered and my cat ate it up.


I put another egg in for the weekend and will try again on monday.




Update: We left it in longer because we thought it would go rubbery but it broke in my mums hands.

1 comment:

  1. Morena Cillian,

    My favourite part of your blog post was that you described the egg as being 'squishy and slimy. I learnt that you weren't sure how long to keep the egg in the vinegar for. Why did you choose to leave it in over the weekend? Maybe you could add to this blog post what happened when you tried to bounce the egg?

    Mā te wā,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.