Tuesday 9 November 2021

Art portrait

Kia ora bloggers,

For week one art we were learning how to mix a skin tone.


Firstly , we had to put an image of ourselves into a laminating pouch and trace our body.

 

Secondly, we used acrylic paint and mixed it into our skin tone and colored on the inside of the laminating pouch. 


Thirdly, we colored our T-shirts and eyes. Lastly, we put some card inside the laminating pouch and glued our name onto it


I enjoyed making my skin tone because if I knew how to mix colours, I could be a better artist when older.


I found mixing the skin tone and using the right colours.


Next time I would change how I did my eyes.


Here is an image of my finished artwork.




2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Cillian,
    I saw all these portraits in your class when I was there yesterday and thought that they are very striking and detailed. I like the way you wrote about the process in your blog so we know how you achieved the final effect. What colour paints did you mix to get your skin tone?
    Ka pai tō mahi.
    from Mrs Torrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Cillian,

    Your portrait art looks fantastic Cillian. I really like the colour of your skin tone as it is really similar to your actual skin tone. Nice to see you reflecting on your learning with your quality blog post.

    Ma te wa,
    Miss Hickling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments:
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let me know that you have read, watched or listened to my blog
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.